Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mercy, OneRepublic


Today I remembered one of my first loves. He was made of green clay, and could transport himself into any book, with his pony pal Pokey. I remember waking up early to catch his adventures every morning before school. At one point at the beginning of my singing career, I got the soundtrack from the show, and sang along.... as I created a lyrical dance to "Bend Me Shape Me.'

What brought this all about is I saw a documentary on TV about the creator of Gumby, and the religious series, Davey and Golaith.

Fact I learned, Gumby is green because the color did not mean anything... if he was "blue it meant he was a Christian," if he was black or brown, it meant he was "Mexican, Indian, or an African." Interesting I know.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I remember getting up and watching gumby as well! (also woody woodpecker) sigh... sometimes I wish my only concern was Saturday morning cartoons. :)

jo said...

I absolutely LOVE gumby. I have gumby stationary.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree