Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Precious Love, James Morrison


View Larger Map


Today I somehow came upon a former home by finding a residents blog. I lived there for almost 6 months while on my mission, and it was the most inviting and magical place I have ever been. If I get the chance I will move there in a heartbeat. The island is environmentally friendly, forested, and I rarely ever saw or smelled anyone smoking.

Some of the best memories from my mission were made there... Like getting my car stuck in mud and while in my suit trying to push it out, meeting some of the best people I have ever met, celebrating my birthday and Christmas, watching the lights of Seattle light up, falling in love with Safeway, eating at McDonalds (the only fast food joint on the whole island), and finally feeling like I was doing good in the community.

Since it is across the sound from Seattle, many people commute and therefore need nannies. Perhaps I should go nanny up there for a season... But do people want a manny?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

There's something about living near the water (sorry, lakes don't count). I think, should you get the chance, you should move up there for a spell... and yes, people want a manny; they just don't know it yet! You are so good with kids; they love you. I would be happy to provide a reference.

Lisa P. said...

Britney has manny's so why not;)?

Jon said...

I, too, love and miss that area. I know I've spent more time across the sound, but I always liked Bainbridge Island. Especially that day when we relived some of your mission moments!

DeAnn said...

Oh come on -- wouldn't you rather work for me than be a manny? Sure I don't have a big lake or anything but I can get you a sweet discount on books ;-)

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree