Sunday, October 19, 2008

Start of Something New, High School Musical Cast


Prepare to get excited or annoyed, but its time to celebrate the conclusion of High School Musical, or HSM for short.

To start the beginning of the end, I watched the first movie in the series with some friends this weekend, and the question kept coming up: "Why do I like this?"

Here is my instant rebuttal:

I like it is because it is a simple musical, full of cheesiness grated slowly without any complexity to it. I also love the idea of sticking to what you feel is good and true, even though others slap labels to you.

What is your reason for disliking or loving the musical?

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Haven't seen it yet -- but Definitely will when the Red Box comes out ... We do most films that way... sigh... student life

Angela's Crazy Daily's said...

I cant wait! 3 days!

KYLe said...

I am a pop junkie... The music in HSM1 is great pop, the music in HSM2 tries too hard but all it does is imitate HSM1 but with a bad after taste, kinda like fake Oreos. Anyway, lets hope that HSM3 can stand out on its own. We all know the reviews for it will be horrible, but I secretly (and openly now) hope it breaks many Box Office Records. It can show the world that even G rated films are worth making.

jo said...

What can I say to the person who got me excited about American Idol way back in the day?

I enjoy HSM.

I mean, who didn't ever once wish that while they were walking down the hall in high school everyone would break out in song and dance about your personal problems and concerns.

I certainly did.

Even cynical old me.

And that's saying something.

Carrie said...

I may have to watch them. Dylan has the first two (yes, I bought them, but have never watched - what kind of parent am I?) He is pleading for me to take him. Should there be an HSM after party on Saturday?

Unknown said...

After reading this post yesterday, I had nightmares about my 10-year high school reunion (which I did not attend by the way). You all are going to hate me, but as much as I love Disney Channel, this is just too much cheese for my little lactose intolerant system to handle.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree