Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Moment Like This, Kelly Clarkson

The beginning of this story started in 2002 when a little singing competition was aired on tv. Having a love for all things pop and singing, I tuned in, hoping it was better than the WB's Popstars. Little did I know that the singer I would celebrate winning, I would see visibly in concert.


This is the funfetti cake a friend and I made to provide increased luck to Kelly as she faced Justin (in the bottom right hand corner it says Die Justin Die).





So a short background, every time that Kelly came on tour it was either not close enough to see her perform, or I was in on my mission.... Well this past July the 2 Worlds 2 Voices second leg of the tour was announced, and I knew I had to go.

I bought tickets as soon as I could for my cousin, sister, brother-in-law, and me, and we ended up on row 10 of the floor, which I was happy with.






Well the day finally came and we went to the show, but made a quick stop to visit with my cousin's friend who bought tickets through an auction and landed on row 2. Since no one was in front of them we decided to chill on row one and watch the opener perform her comedy act.... until the people that had front row seats bumped us out. So we had to go back to row 10... NOTE: Comedians are a lot funnier when you are on row one, than on row 10... maybe it's because you have to laugh when they can see you....

Soon after the comedian left the stage a miracle happened... A guy who was sitting next to my cousin's friend on row 2 said that he had two extra tickets and couldn't sell them or give them away so he was giving them to her.... which meant within seconds my cousin and I landed on Row 2 to see Ms. Independent! I was ecstatic!

After 5 songs, that same guy left, because he was "bored," so my sister and brother-in-law came up!

The set list was great, including the opener, Sweet Dreams Are Made of These, and it set the tone for the whole night! At one point during the concert, I wrote my catch phrase, "Yahtzee!" on a piece of paper and showed Reba and Kelly, they just laughed and laughed. Also because I have long arms, I held it up in the air, so it appeared on camera. Also I made a peace sign, after hearing Because of You which was televised, because I think people that are abused in one form or another need peace.

Overall I have to say it was one of the best concerts I have been to, partly because it fulfilled my dream of seeing Kelly live, while being able to physically see her. After the show, I cried a bit because one of my top dreams had been fulfilled. I had seen Kelly, and she had seen me...




May your moment like this come true... soon!




PS Who knew Mullets were still in?


3 comments:

Angela's Crazy Daily's said...

I am so jealous! how awesome is that! I bet your cake tasted amazing!

AMezNewz said...

Man o so lucky! BUT that was a rad concert! I was waiting for a moment like this for so long...ever since you've been gone..I've been trying to Breakaway. But Never Again will there be a concert like this!

Sugarland Reba Fan said...

Hey your welcome for the tickets! Anytime I can hook up another true fan I am willing. Thanks for being a true fan and standing the whole night with me! My concert review will be up soon so check it out I have a great video of you singing with Kelly :)

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree