Monday, September 29, 2008

Say It, Britt Nicole


So tonight's song is not necessarily random, but I have multiple thoughts on my mind.



1) If you choose to slap a label on yourself, you might want to consider the positive or negative consequences of that label. This also applies to the labels that people decide to frame you on. Sometimes the labels help us, and sometimes it slams us into a corner with no where to go, because we have isolated the definition of who we are, what we are to become, and the identity that we are all children from a Divine source who created us to look like amazing snowflakes (some may believe that we are ought to be like everyone else, aka the chocolate Easter bunnies).



2) "Other things may change us, but we start and end with family." - Anthony Brandt



3) On the very night of the greatest suffering the world will ever know, Christ said: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. … Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (
John 14:27).

That may be one of the Savior’s commandments that is, even in the hearts of otherwise faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed; and yet I wonder whether our resistance to this invitation could be any more grievous to the Lord’s merciful heart. I can tell you this as a parent. As concerned as I would be if one of my children were seriously troubled or unhappy or disobedient, I would be infinitely more devastated if I felt that at such a time my child could not trust me to help or should feel his or her interest were unimportant to me or unsafe in my care. In that same spirit I am convinced that none of us can appreciate how deeply it wounds the loving heart of the Savior when he finds his people do not feel confident in his care or trust in his commandments.

-
Elder Jeffrey R Holland-

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I think we are often harder on ourselves than others as well -- I wonder why people seek to fit under a specific category?

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree