Monday, September 8, 2008

Gather Me Up, Carmen Rasmusen


So yesterday was an interesting and thought provoking time to Think, Pray, and Love.

1) It started off around 10:30 AM and I went down and decided to watch some show that I have left on my DVR. After watching for an hour or so, I decided it was time to get ready for church, which starts @ 1. So I hurry as fast as I can, seeing that the clock says it is 39 minutes after the hour. I quickly get ready and leave my house after printing out some items I need for the day at 6 minutes after the hour... and eventually I roll into the parking lot, with no one there. I glance down at the clock and sure enough it is 12:15, meaning I am super early, and I apparently can't read the 4 clocks I saw while getting ready!

2) In Sunday School we talked about Pride and it's toll it can take on us, as well as society. The quote was shared,

"Pride is a sin that can readily be seen in others but is rarely admitted in ourselves. Most of us consider pride to be a sin of those on the top, such as the rich and the learned, looking down at the rest of us. There is, however, a far more common ailment among us—and that is pride from the bottom looking up. It is manifest in so many ways, such as faultfinding, gossiping, backbiting, murmuring, living beyond our means, envying, coveting, withholding gratitude and praise that might lift another, and being unforgiving and jealous."

For some reason this really struck me, because it seems the top person or the bottom person always get critiqued/ridiculed, never the middle man....

To add to this, tonight's random song happened to be Carmen's, who I may have been quick and sharp to critique. To her, Sorry, and may you achieve the dreams in front of you.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

That is a thought-provoking and powerful quote - it seems when we try and bring others down it only sinks us a little deeper, eh? Rather than casting stones we could leave our small pebbles unturned.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree