Thursday, January 24, 2008

Outside Looking In, Jordan Pruitt

When I read the title of today's song, I thought of the little match girl. Weird?!


When I was in Junior High I had a difficult time. I was super tall, skinny, and had a super high voice. I had trouble making friends and stuck to my two new and best friends; a sporty in-crowder, and a girl who was his neighbor, who loved Nickelodeon and video games as much as I did. At one point, like everyone else, I was made fun of because of my Old Navy Performance Fleece jacket. I really never felt like I fit in. BUT then one day magic happened. At lunch I found 2 people who I knew from my neighborhood. They hated carrying around their backpacks, so one day I recommended (or they told me to...) carry around their backpacks during "A" Lunch for a penny ( I had to do something to buy Haribo Frogs!). So I did so. For some reason I felt really cool, or that I was apart of something.... Years later I look at this and laugh, because the people that I helped during lunch are two of my best friends. And recently one of these good friends sent this picture to me: Funny how photos bring it all back!



I still love the underdog, and feel an a connection to those that are alone, or feel that way. So next time someone is alone, shy, or looking down. Say hello and be a friend!

Now what to do about the match girl?

3 comments:

lpettey said...

These are some great memories. Everytime I look at this picture I laugh. Good Ole Butler Middle.

Lisa P. said...

So funny! I think Linzi took that pic;) Ah the good old days. I love your blog by the way. Check mine out too daysofourprice@blogspot.com

DeAnn said...

I love that picture! And it's true - you are a champion for the underdog!

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree