Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can't B Good, Janet Jackson


I have noticed a recent music industry trend that I deem annoying:


Instead of releasing a Parental Advisory, and Clean Edit of a song or CD, the music industry has decided that they are going to be on both sides of the fence! Let me illustrate.


In Rihanna's single "Disturbia" she sings:


Faded pictures on the wall

It's like they talkin' to me

Disconnectin' your call

Your phone don't even ring I

gotta get out

Or figure this s**** out

It's too close for comfort


Creatively I feel they wasted their energy by putting a simple expletive in the song, not to mention that, the particular expletive used, cannot be edited because it is too short and always sounds like it.


Really if you are going to write some music, make it expletive free. Also do not release versions of your songs on your album that pretty much say the word, and call it clean.


1 comments:

Jenny said...

'Nuff said!! -- WHY is the right to censorship always bypassed by "Freedom of Expression?"

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree