Sunday, March 30, 2008

Your Song, Elton John


I heard this song on random today and asked myself "What is this song about?" Turns out it blends different styles and songs that Elton and Bernie Taupin had written. All this thinking made me remember an Aha moment earlier this week:

I find music history really interesting. For example I recently learned that Sara Bareilles "Love Song," is about her record label forcing her to create a radio friendly hit. This is something I never thought of but when listening to the song it makes sense.

Also I know there are songs that we don't know who or what they are about IE Sheryl Crow's "My Favorite Mistake."

Any other good songs with a good background?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree