Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Bounce, From Justin to Kelly Soundtrack



-WARNING SEMI GRAPHIC TOPIC-

Today I had a moment that seemed like it was resurrected from elementary school. Which was a combination of still feeling a little bit sick from earlier this week, and being nervous with giving my presentation. The end result was stomach rumbles and a dash to the bathroom! To the kid giving a nasty look, and using the urinal, I wanted to scream, "Yes I have an eating disorder!"

When I thought about this experience, I remembered the school kids throwing up in the hall and the Janitor, Mr. "Mountain Man" Brown putting sawdust on it... Gross I know... and Yes he was a real mountain man on the weekends. He has the black powder gun to prove it.

2 comments:

jo said...

...would you believe that this is an image that haunts me to this day... the pale-faced kid that just let go of his "pigs-in-a-blanket", the sawdust that comes thereafter, and Mr. Jolly (that was are janitor's name... big guy, fiery red hair and beard... scared me to death) hollering something about how we weren't to go near the spot...

haunts me to this day...

and I'm so glad you found me, Chis! And may I just say, I love your blog, name and all... not to mention a shout out to the mountain we're supposed to clime, right?

lpettey said...

Good Ole Mr. Brown. I remember every year going out to the big field by the tennis courts and having to look at the indian tent. Then he would shot off the gun. WOW! We were so cool. Good times.
Sorry you felt so sick. :(

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree