Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Day In the Sun, Hilary Duff


Everyone has a day in the sun, and right now it is the Olympians from all over the world. Lately I have been staying up, trying to watch as many events as I can. This is causing for slow mornings, and Olympic fever.

I have to say my favorite events thus far have been:

Volleyball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Swimming, Synchronized Diving, Soccer, and many more....

I have trouble though, because I feel China is hiding many negative aspects of the games....

For example:

1) The little Chinese girl singing vs the actual girl who can sing
2) The dancer that was injured days before the games, and little was known about it until The NY Times investigated.
3) The possible 13 year old gymnast, who has registered as being 15 on government records within the past year.

As the Osmonds sing, "one bad apple, don't spoil the whole bunch."

2 comments:

Jenny said...

#4: Long-term effects of air pollution on competing athletes
#5: Protests over the Torch and poor treatment of the people in Tibet

However, in spite of the downers, they have a beautiful culture -- have you SEEN the opening ceremony - WOW - precision, color, and beauty!

I LOVE the olympics - I think because it is only every two years, it makes it even more exciting - you feel like you HAVE to watch because it will be gone in the blink of an eye

AMezNewz said...

I've really enjoyed watching the olympics too! I do think china's gymnastics team was like 8 yr olds.
Swimming has been one of my favorites and it was so fun to watch history happen.
Thanks for ending your blog with the Osmonds...life is like a yo-yo!

GO USA!

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree