Thursday, August 21, 2008

Best Thing, Usher


This morning I read an article in the DesNews about MacKenzie Lamb, and his struggle to become clean from drugs. I have to say I have always been fascinated by those who come out to recover from an addiction. In fact, it's quite inspirational.

One of my favorite shows is Intervention on A&E. It focuses on the lives of someone addicted to a vice, and the struggle family/friends play to get them to rehab. I find it interesting that at the very end of the show, those who remain clean, and those who don't and the reasons why they weigh out the options to be addiction free or not.

So Congrats Mackenzie and all those who are working to become free from their addiction.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my... I watched one of those interventions about this kid that was addicted to Oxycotin. I made the mistake of watching it at like 11pm and I could not fall asleep after. It was kind of disturbing! I just can't believe what people will do to feed their addictions. It's so sad.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree