Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happily Never After, Nicole Scherzinger




I have been thinking about a recent trend lately, and feel it is a huge problem.

The idea of "Heppy Ever After" as my southern neighbors would say is a false idea. I mean things can improve but to my knowledge things are not going to be instantly perfect and remain that way. Fights, sadness, and work are going to have to be involved, and through these we become better people. Most people in my generation, expect for things to be perfect. We expect to have the houses and other valuables our parent have. It just can't be so, unless you are a fictional character.

Which brings up May's Book of the Month!

Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations by Alex and Brett Harris




The Christian book focuses on how things in life are not easy. It's not easy to put yourself on the line and talk to strangers. It's not easy to say, "Hey I am Christian, here is why..." It's not easy to be gone on the weekends because you are helping people move or donating blood etc..

I have to say the book is very convincing, and empowering in a way for me to stop being complacent, and to get up and do what I really do not want to.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree