Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Glow in the Dark Concert Review


Okay so this was the concert that I had been waiting for since it was first announced. I have so much to say about it, but I do not know if my blog could contain it all;

We arrived @ 6 so we could get a good place in the GA area, only to find out "Trucks were late on arriving to the theatre so doors would be opening @ 6:30 and the concert would be starting around 8 and ending at midnite." This was a lie as we stood in line waiting for the doors to open @ 7:30. Also they told us no cameras were allowed in the venue, so I took mine back to the car... something I somewhat regret.... Once they opened we stood in the E-Center Lobby for another half hour or so. Once in we got a little excited only for the that energy to run out, as we waited forever for Lupe to come on stage. Also while waiting I used the bathroom only to run into some HSM cast members, but I didn't bother them because A) I didnt want a crummy camera phone pic, B) I didn't want to bother them, because I thought they might just want to have a fun night!



My Favorite acts were in this Order:

1) Rihanna (Entertaining songs, robots, glow sticks, a wink, and catchy hooks "Ella Ella Eh!")
2) Kanye (Non-Stop Performing, emotional, beat thumping, talking to Robot Craziness!)
3) N.E.R.D. (Everybody Nose, Brain kickin, Dance-able, Energy, Crowd controlling!)
4)with Lupe close behind! (Gifted, Matt Santos, Superstar, Political :) Beginning FUN!)

Overall the night was interesting. The acts were all fun but that fun stops when someone throws a water bottle at my friends head, people tell us to stand in the back, drunk people threaten us, people do not want to be touched or moved, People are in the expensive GA when they shouldn't be......

We eventually left a little early around 1 because let's face it, those who work and can pay for good seats have to get up in the morning, and when we did my ears were still ringing.

To get a critics review of the show visit these links:

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/ci_9541005
http://blogs.sltrib.com/burger/2008/06/kanye-west-review-please-stop-music.htm
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700233459,00.html

1 comments:

lpettey said...

Wow what a fun concert. Sorry all the stupid people you stood by. Did you tell them to evaporate small people....jk

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree