Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Greatest, Scene 23


Before there was Idol, there was a little show called Popstars. I loved it, as well as those that would come over to my house and we would watch the Auditions. The only downfall of the show was that no one voted except for the judges, so you pretty much were just watching the music happen. The show was fresh, funny, and was in the days of manufactured pop, so everyone was a future Timberlake, or Spears. I have both seasons on the archaic VHS, and one of these slow Saturdays I am going to transfer it to DVD.

Tonight the American Idol Competition begins, and frankly I am getting tired of it. It's the same format, with the same types of people singing. I just want to see someone fall, or be outrageous. Ruben and friends (everyone else that's ever been on the show), can only say Sorry 2004 so many times.

2 comments:

KYLe said...

I like manufactured pop... so sue me.

Lisa P. said...

yea american idol is a bit boring these days, its only fun if you're with friends and acting like simon cowell and giving your own 2 cents.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree