Sunday, February 24, 2008

Damaged, Danity Kane



Okay so I really like this song. But after a great Oscars Party, and a hilarious comment made by a friend, (Can't remember it exactly so its omitted) about winning, I got to thinking about what the losers might feel:
Sure it might seem that you are damaged and not on the top of the world, but to be nominated is an honor that most will not ever experience. If I was nominated for an award I would be on top of the world.
The only award I have won was in my Senior Year. I was voted best future talk show host, and entertainer. My award was a hot pink journal from the dollar store that had a lock and key. For some reason the award show tonight got me thinkin that maybe I lost that charm and wit that I once had. I know it's there, maybe just a bit damaged, but still fixable.

What Awards have you won?
Spelling Bee? County Fair? Blue Ribbon? Co-Worker of the Year? Best Smile?

2 comments:

Lisa P. said...

You win stuff all the time, yea maybe not awards, but you're still a winner;) You know I won 4th place in the utah state fair for my award winning harvest bread. Ok there were only 4 entries, but heck I got a riboon. (don't forget we are entering again this year;) other than that I remember I won 2nd place in reflections in like 4th grade with a poem about rainbows:) I also helped my older sister win 2nd place with a poem about clouds. yikes

KYLe said...

I have won reflections, elections, hope of america awards, scholarships, and such. But do these awards really define a winner? I don't think so.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree