Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No Good with Faces, Jack Johnson

I understand people love Halloween for its thrills, themed apparel-fun, and sugared out spooks. But for me I dislike all the festivities. When I was younger, I would hide in my bedroom so that my Mom couldn't force me to go trick-or-treating. All the festivities have been meh to me.


Last year 70's disco star and David Archuleta costume was not considered "dressing up." This year I am going to a few Halloween parties, and I need your HELP to what I will be dressing up as! I always stress about what I should be.  I was originally going to be Sue Sylvester from Glee, but learned that I would be politely removed banned from entering certain events due to cross dressing. 

 Which costume/idea do like best?

Priest/Preacher: Simple, and black is always in style.

Explorer: Complete with compass, glasses, and adventuresome apparel

80's Albertson's cashier.  Complete with Polyester uniform 

Pirate: Costume would be very similar to what's pictured. Hand on hip, not ideal.

80's Workout instructor.  Less spandex, more tattered hoodie and sweatpants. Head and wristbands included.

Please leave a comment with which one you would like best!  Consideration will be given for other costume ideas are accepted as well.



8 comments:

jo said...

I love this post! Possibly my favorite part? The PBS Aerobics photo. My mom used to exercise with those folks way back in the day, ha ha. Such good times.

OK, my vote? The ultra-awesome Albertson's casheir. But the pirate, complete with hand ON hip is my second vote :).

But when in doubt, you can always go with a bum (think coke bottle in brown paper bag as an accessory) or the ever-popular play on words costume, ie: Tin Man, or Bag Lady... just pin bits of Tin or Bag to yourself. But then again, I'd hat to have you kicked out o' somewhere for the bag lady.

Best of luck! And Happy Halloween.

Larissa said...

I like the Albertson's shirt!
And...seriously...Sue Sylvester is only borderline cross-dressing. Go as shim! I mean her. I mean him. Dang it.
Would any of those who are in charge of "politely removing" people even recognize you as anything other than a work-out dude?
Think about it;-)

Jon said...

Of those choices, I'd say go with the Albertson's employee. Okay, anything from the 80s will be a hit...

Unknown said...

Um... when you are done with it, I want my Albertson's shirt back... please. I didn't know that thing was still around. What else is left in that closet? The Avis vest? I thought I re-DI-ed it. Don't forget a brown paper bag with groceries.

Liz said...

Explorer!

DeAnn said...

There are some great ideas here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjM1GWB61Y

Jenny said...

Albertson's Cashier pllllleeeeaseee-- and can you throw in a pair of press-on nails?

p g d said...

The Albertson's uniform is great retro 80s. Can't find one on Ebay. Would you be willing to part with this classic?

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree