Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Soul Meets Body, Death Cab for Cutie

Ever think about what happens after you die?  Not as in heaven vs hell, but what you want to be said, sung, or done at your funeral?

Whether it's considered morbid or not, I recently thought about what I would like to have sung at my funeral. Many of the choices are secular, and not religious.  Perhaps the reason for this is that I think several songs can have spiritual meaning without religious ties or a page number in a hymn book.

The following are some my choices:

Remember me This Way, Jordan Hill  (Casper Soundtrack)

Earlier in life I thought Casper was the world's greatest movie. Nerdy I know. I remember writing in my elementary school journal that I wanted all my friends to sing the following song. Now I dunno.The song now makes me laugh.




The Light, Sara Bareilles

Nothing better than this,
and then the storm can come.
You feel just like the sun
Just like the Sun.


And if you say, "Be Alright
I'm gonna trust you, babe
I'm gonna look in your eyes.
And if you say, "Be Alright,"
I'll follow you into the light.



Feather in the Wind, Mindy Gledhill


3 comments:

KYLe said...

I am glad you asked this... and this is how I want mine to go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc_QYK8K9os

Chism said...

I thought that was just for the show. Who knew it was real!

Liz said...

I thought you wanted the song, "Just Dance."

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree