Friday, November 5, 2010

Your Ex-lover is Dead, Stars

When you get together with your friends or family, ever notice that when they describe events from their life, some are the best entertainers, whereas others are dry as a gulch?

  • One of the best story tellers I have ever heard is from a childhood/high school "frenemy" (Details on our friendship in another post). Whether it was picking up groceries or a bad date, she had the capability to hook you into her story that it was captivating! In my mind she is still in the running for America's Top Story-teller.
  • Then there is me. Sometimes when I tell events to friends or family, I either skip pertinent details with hopes of getting to the punch line faster thus being misunderstood, or I try to recount an event and not provide just enough details.
  • There are others who include so many details and randomness to their story that it's boring and hard to pay attention. I literally scream in my head when this happens.
I saw this viral video and thought of the various ways to recount events:


What's you advice to become a more intriguiging life-teller?

2 comments:

Lisa P. said...

on no! i hope i'm not the random/boring one;) you are a great storyteller and your laugh is the best:)

MollyEmma said...

that was the best video ever!!!

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree