Monday, November 29, 2010

C'mon N' Ride It (the Train), Quad City DJs

Thanks to a good friend, I was able to cross this off my bucket-list:

Ever since I was a young tyke, I always enjoyed seeing the Rockettes (formerly the Roxyettes after John Rockefeller) on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

While the talent and dance numbers were full of talent and precision, it seemed like the order of the pieces and dance material was a bit odd.  You can't tell me that a bunch of people dressed in teddy bear costumes (aka Disney Black Market-umes) dancing to the nutcracker suite is not odd.

BUT this had to be my favorite number because a) The bus and the visuals were so in sync it really felt they were travelling  b) The animators captured the streets of NYC spot on, right down to what each building on 5th Ave looked like:





PS Curious to count the high kicks? Set your DVR's because PBS will be airing "Radio City Christmas Spectacular Starring the Rockettes!" For those in the Rocky Mountains tune into KBYU Tuesday (tonight) at 7:00 PM!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree