Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action, New Kids On the Block


This weekend was very exciting and very unique. Some friends and I had decided to venture out to the New Kids On the Block Reunion tour, with Natasha Bedingfield and Lady Gaga opening. I have to say it was quite the event....

1) Lady Gaga was the opener for the opener... and you might have realized my love for her here or here.... One thing bothered me though, No one really understood or seemed to like Lady Gaga, but I thought she was perhaps the greatest performer there, since she sang live, dance, and pretended that she died... but was brought back to life by us screaming. (weird I know... ) She believes in Pop Art, which is a combination of Pop Music, Video Displays with Videos, Singing, and Acting. I thought it was hilarious and really innovative. I would have loved to see a full concert by her, but the 15 minutes were still memorable!

2) I love Natasha Bedingfield's music, and was hoping to hear more of the better songs on her albums, because the singles released thus far are not the greatest... Anywho Natasha Bedingfield is a good singer, but her songs are too slow to dance to. Also she needs backup dancers because the backup singers were trying to do both, and it was ridiculous!

2) NKOTB: They have quite the energy! They sang (some of the time) and danced the whole night. The concert consisted of, what I determined, several acts:

I: The Boys are Back
II: We Like To Think That We Can Make New Music
II: Remember These Slow Songs:
III: Let's Run Into the Audience and Perform on A Hidden Stage
IIII: Some of us had Solo Careers, so We Better Show Off
IIIII: Thanks for Being a FAN FOREVER
IIIIII: SCREAMS FOR AN ENCORE

One thing I liked about NKOTB is that they were able to entertain for someone who knew almost zero of their old material. Also it was fun to see all the women scream... It was like being at the Miley Cyrus Concert times 10... all with the energy supplied with 30 year old women.

Overall I had fun being with my friends as we laughed, danced, and perhaps some of us cried.


2 comments:

Angela's Crazy Daily's said...

That sounds like to much fun! Natasha Bedingfield is seriously awesome! I do agree though, some of her songs just dont move! BLAH! WIld horses,,, not my favorite.

metcalfruf said...

i think sometimes the weirder and crazier the more entertaining. had fun at the concert with you,you were a joy to watch dance and be free and happy!!

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree