Sunday, November 2, 2008

Easy, Paula DeAnda


Halloween is my least favorite part of the entire year... finals included, but this I slightly changed my attitude to I don't care I am going to have fun. Much of my frustration comes from getting a good costume that is "acceptable" but still comfortable.

Well this year I feel like I accomplished just that, as I wore my Dad's leisure suit. Now one might not know what that it since only 40+ adults commented on it... but the cast of High School Musical wear them in the third movie (slightly tighter of course), and my dad had it sitting in his closet, so it was the perfect choice.

The costume accompanied me as I went to two different dances:

1) Stake Halloween Party: I can't describe in too much detail, but I will say if you claim that you are a DJ (designated by the neon lit up lettering), you had better know how to play good fast and current music... Which this DJ did not.

2) Party number 2 rocked... literally. Thanks to my good Canadian friend, we heard about a dance house party in Utah County, suspicious I know... But her friend had the best playlist, mirrors, lights, smoke and of course speakers. My friends and I danced our way that night, and ended our fun to "When I Grow Up," by each taking a separate mirror and dancing.
Which brings up the idea, which I am sure you are thinking, "You Guys are Crazy!" I am sure this is what everyone around us thought, but with my friends we don't care. We danced for the emotional and physical need... We dance to celebrate life, our friendship, and our losses along with our gains, we dance to make each other laugh, we dance to see what resonates in our mind can resonate on the dance floor, and we dance to push against the mundane walk of life!

And that is why it is easy to dance with my friends.

7 comments:

Angela's Crazy Daily's said...

I wish I could see you in full costume with the suit! My Mom made my Dad throw out his old suits.. :(

Laura said...

Even though I couldn't breathe in my stupid costume, party #2 totally rocked. "I love to dance."

Jon said...

Celebrate life, celebrate life. Celebrate life, celebrate life. Celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate LIFE!!

Lisa P. said...

I need pics!

Lisa P. said...

I need pics!

Jenny said...

I've gotta agree with Lisa P -- We need pics, man!!!!!

jo said...

Ah, I love parents.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree