Sunday, November 9, 2008

Who You'd Be Today, Kenny Chesney


Tonight I had fun as I switched records and tapes from childhood in my record/tape/ burn onto CD stereo. Not only did I find a lot of lost gems, and some ideas for Christmas gifts, but at one moment I found a talk show my sisters and I had from when we were young.... So young that my voice was unfamiliar, high pitched, and caused me to turn red.

Anywho while listening I realized that who we were as kids, is really what we become. For example, tonight at dinner and while playing my new Mario game on my mom's Nintendo DS, I would hear phrases from other's conversations, and would sing them; "criminal" "church entity" and "baby grew up to be a rocker."

Well on the tape I sang various commercials, and words that were said in the commercial. It made me laugh and realize that music has always played a big part in my life.


Also I decided to pull out my old cassettes that I won from the kids radio station when I was younger, and sing along. Because after all, my car is my recording studio! I sing at the top of my lungs everywhere I go.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

How cool is that!? - LOVE coming across lost treasures!

Unknown said...

So in doing some research, I discovered that Dora Hall's husband was the creator of Solo cups. IMAGINE THAT!?! She has been called the Queen of Solo cups and vanity entertainment. AND apparently Tony the Pony was a television series in the 70s (they compare it to Barney and Friends). Thanks for the trip down memory lane last night. Here is a link I think very few people would appreciate... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zNlvLqqg18

Liz said...

That video was trippy!

jo said...

I'm surprised you didn't mention our brief stint as song-writers.

I thought it was pretty catchy myself, I don't know about everyone else.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree