Thursday, January 15, 2009

Loose Ends, Imogen Heap


So I recently saw Bride Wars, and while I laughed, cried, and ate an entire bucket of popcorn, It left me with a bad taste in my mouth... much like Fondant.

Reason being is that it glamorized the idea of frenemies and attacks on best friends, something I hate.

Yes I know you are wondering why me, a twenty something-year-old guy cares about fake movie relationships.

Well let me just say that the movie reminded me of two "characters" from The Hills, Lauren and Heidi. We all know that there was the rumor that was spread which in turn caused them to hate each other, and force their friends to take sides. Then later on when one character apologized, the former friend forgave them, but said they couldn't be friends. Which caused both parties to spread hate towards others... And the cycle continues.

Somehow this rubs me the wrong way... Perhaps it is because being rude and saying outlandish things about each other is ridiculous, or maybe it is because when you forgive someone you move on and don't spread additional hate.


So what is the moral of the story? Be kind, and learn to compromise. We may not always get everything our way, and sometimes our view of our crystal ball is cracked. Also be willing to see that we are all humans with flawed filled mistakes, so we all need some help and forgiveness.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Saying "I'm sorry" is SO hard to do, but I keep learning, the faster you do it, the faster you can move on.

metcalfruf said...

you forgot to tell how in the movie you learn that after living with someone for 10 years you "all of the sudden" realize you don't love them (this is what made me dislike the movie). really, what is the deal with that part of the movie...DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

Nichole said...

Brett....you just made me laugh sooo sooo sooo hard.

I heart you!!

AMezNewz said...

Very deep. Food for thought! lol

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree