Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Human Stuff, Disney's Little Mermaid on Broadway



As I walked along the smoky sidewalk today on campus I noticed two items next to people's mouths. Cigarettes or an Apple.

Random items I know, because I have never passed so many people smoking or eating fruit. Perhaps both items were using them as filters for their lungs, but it was rather strange. It made me think of the benefits of both items, and how much I hate smoking. Seriously if you are a smoker I have difficulty about your mind. Granted I know addiction plays a large part, but I just don't how the wisdom can't break through that you are literally killing yourself.


In other news:

For the rest of January I will be posting a snippet from a book I got as a gift today at work. It's from the life changing book by Jack Weyland, Punch and Cookies.

"The Lady left even before Gilligan's Island was over. When she stood up to go, she sort of brushed herself off like the couch was infected. I bet when she was a kid she never watched Gilligan's Island or ate peanut butter."

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wait a minute, were you going to comment about little mermaid?

Liz said...

Ariel! Ariel! Ariel!

Nichole said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Brett, you know I just love you. You always make me laugh till I pee my pants. Good job. That Jack Weyland book sounds like a Caldecott Award winner. hahahahaaaaaaaaaa!

KathE said...

I thought this would interest you. Can you say, "Mid-life crisis?"

http://video.universalrepublic.com/?plid=1481452858&v=1883549194&aid=0

DeAnn said...

If you could see me now you would see me standing and cheering that you are quoting my mostest fav book in the world. You would also see a a tear gently streaming down my cheeks.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree