Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Un-thinkable (I'm Ready), Alicia Keys


Every now and then I am reminded how humanity and my own character is changing. I speak to a fair amount of people around the world every day. Some are good, while others need a refresher course from the Book of Virtues. Today's was thanks to a woman in Nebraska. Upon taking the call I noticed that she was speaking individual muffled syllables separated by seconds between. I had a hard time understanding her and instantly became annoyed and thought of how I could write her off. I asked several questions asking what she was calling about because the only word I could understand was Or-der-ed.


I then decided to listen harder and her 15 second message was life-changing. "Th-anks for the Or-der." Instantly I was ashamed of my disgruntled thoughts towards this wise woman. In some ways it reminded me of Susan Boyle's audition. I was expecting a horribly flawed person, but quickly realized the judgment was a reflection of who I am. 'It's moments like this that remind me that while the world may be falling apart there will always be the kind person to help it.


To the woman in Nebraska, thank you for making my day and changing my mind and heart.

3 comments:

MollyEmma said...

LOVE

Liz said...

This is very tender.

Jenny said...

Humility comes when you least expect it - and it is sweeter still that you are awake enough to recognize it.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree