Thursday, August 5, 2010

Of Men and Angels, The Rocket Summer




1. Life is extremely frail. One moment you are here, and within a blink you are gone. If you need help or need to talk to someone confidentially, please call the Hope Line. 1-800-SUICIDE

2. Lately I have been faced with decisions and thought that I need to give up, but I am determined to  keep going.

3. My last text message (or IM) ended in these words: say no and disconnect.

4. Cobb Salad with La Brea Bread is what I'm thinking about for dinner sometime soon.

5. On the 1st day of August I was forced to get the idea that my summer is over in 20 days and counting.

6. My music choices have moved from lively and energetic to calm, cool, and meaningful. .

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with my California cousin, tomorrow my plans include a funeral service that never should have been, and in the evening, "taking the biggest step in 3D" (Step Up 3), and Sunday, I want to slow life down with a hike in the canyon!


Friday Fill-Ins

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Hi, Just popped in to say I hope your weekend turns out to be something special, and the funeral is something special too. I like your #1 - there's always someone who you can talk too!

Lisa P. said...

very thoughtful post!:)

Billy Rhythm said...

Surfed in from the FFI. No joke, my office mate posted the "everything will be all right in the end" quote on my office whiteboard this week!

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree