Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Safe, Britt Nicole



If I looked and spoke like a stoned vampire I am sorry. I was exhausted! This is all because my top pet peeve happened last night. I got woken up prehistorically early and forced to talk and carry on a conversation... with the police.

I was asleep in the fetal position while being dually blanketed to protected me from the cold, when I hear my dad telling me to wake up. I glance at the clock only to see that it is 3 AM, and wonder what is going on. Through my drowsy state I catch every other word only to understand, car, broken into, cops.

I look out my window and see two police cars in front of my house with their lights announcing to the neighborhood, "Watch out there is a crime!" Knowing that it is cold outside I shuffle a jacket and shoes on and proceed to go outside.

I walk out our steps and the officer begins to tell me that he thinks my car was broken into because the drivers side door is wide open. Without speaking I get into my car, and with my eyes closed started to verify if anything was stolen. I open the glove box and the location of where I keep my "sno-cone fund" money and notice that my possessions are intact.

I let the officer know that everything is there, and nothing was stolen. The officer then asks if anyone else had a key or if I had any ideas about my car being open. I then had a flashback to earlier that night when I got home I grabbed my backpack our of my trunk and left my drivers side door open so that I could lock the car.

I proceed to tell the officer the story of my forgetfulness, and appreciate him keeping my neighborhood safe. He takes down my information and tells me he will file a report in case anything was stolen. He then asks my dad and I if we are sound sleepers because he pounded on the door and had to end up calling our house. The three of us laugh and we separated, with my father and I with tickets to slumber land, and the officer fighting the hard knocked streets.


Overall I am grateful to the officer who was concerned for Ting Ting and I . Also I am thankful that I have a dad who can answer the phone in the middle of the night, and remain calm through an odd situation.

2 comments:

Jon said...

The last time I heard a story with the key words "car, police, questioning, and 3AM," it was because the person was illegally sleeping in his car in a public parking lot. So I was half expecting to hear a similar story from you.

I'm glad things turned out okay. Sounds like Ting Ting is a "luck car" (kinda like a Luck Dragon). Woohoo!

Liz said...

So weird.

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree