Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy, Natasha Bedingfield




It is interesting how one little thing can tip our emotional scales. At work this happened yesterday, and today I can laugh about it, but at the time I got fairly upset.

So three lessons:

1) If someone is literally yelling at you on the phone, do not call them hostile. It just makes them mad, even if you emphasize the fact that you really are trying to help. Try other words that could not be so offensive. Thankfully he apologized for his behavior, and then I had to as well.

2) If you want someone in customer service to be extra nice and help you (even if the problem is your fault), be nice and cheery. I always laugh to think about the perks and bonuses my friend has gotten because he works and jokes with the Customer Service Rep. My friend is very good at this, so good that he can get additional discounts from Sprint, Disney Reps, and concert promoters!

3) I have long decided that the reason why Natasha Bedingfield and Brandy are successful is because their music is well written and clean. Both are artists that one should pick up... especially the new Brandy CD!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I think everyone should work in customer service. at least once. then maybe people wouldn't be so horrible on the phone. It got to where I would rather clean floors than answer phones (floors don't yell) :) hang in there lil chism! :)

Jon said...

I absolutely HATE it when people call me hostile or grumpy or something. Because whether or not I'm hostile or grumpy, that one comment completely worsens my mood and makes me mad at whoever made that comment. Cheers!

Laura said...

My emotional scale was totally tipped yesterday. Have you ever noticed how when you have had a bad day, there's always someone else that had a really crappy day too? Life sucks and then you die. Until then, listen to Brady's cd. I love it!

Unknown said...

The only CS reps who deserve verbal chastisement are those who work at BCBS. I consider myself to be a generally nice person when working with CS... unless you are an incompetent rep for BCBS who screwed me on an insurance claim... watch your back.

P.S. "This winter is lasting forever... at least for *today*." Further Seems Forever

AMezNewz said...

Everyone prefers to work with people who aren't accusing and super rude. Yesterday I was home sick and when I went back to work I had a message on my phone. Couldn't pick it up till after a meeting this morning. A lady called wanting some info and then she left another message this morning being rude saying that she has called 2 or 3 times and sent emails and no one has gotten back to her.

A. there is a number I leave on my voicemail I leave to talk to someone in my department.
and
B. Never got an email.

When I called her she was super snotty and when I explained that I was out sick yesterday all the sudden she was all nice...

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree