Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy, Leona Lewis

This past work week has seemed to be filled with disgruntled customers. I am still crossing my fingers that we do not "ruin anyone's Christmas" like we have in years past....


So after speaking with several disgruntled customers, I asked myself,

"What does it take to be happy?"

I don't think that one can be entirely happy 24/7, although one can remain somewhat positive/optimistic through various seasons of life. *Let me make note that if we were happy all the time it would get old really fast, and being emo would be the new happy. *

I believe that Happiness can come from almost anything, and can be kicked to the curb should we let it.


I have decided that my new goal is to be a little bit more happy until Thanksgiving. No longer are lame classes, bad mannered customers, weather-related problems, and other problems going to influence me... but horrible drivers or repeating songs on the radio might ;)

So to begin on my journey, here are some things that makes me happy:

  • Watching television by myself, and laughing aloud... like shampoo I then rinse and repeat.
  • People falling... It just is funny.
  • Spending time with my family (in small doses)
  • Watching movies and remembering something special about it. IE Every time I see the updates Parent Trap I am taken back to the Villa Theatre where a friend and I sat front row watching the love filled voyage of the QE2.


So What makes you happy? What puts a smile on your face?


4 comments:

Liz said...

1. Chism!
2. Banana Cream Pie and Pizza (both eaten separately).
3. Family Halloween party and all the fixin's/people.

Unknown said...

Esteban! Treats, music, my pillow, Aurora, dizzyland, monkeys, and Smith's Select brand cherry cordial ice cream.

Jen said...

Today's shortlist:
1. Chism (sorry Lizzy, I agree...)
2. the Colors of Autumn
3. Good Buddy's cornbread
4. Watching my nephews chase each other around the house while squealing hysterically
5. Being able to rest, uninterrupted
6. clean laundry
7. Disneyland
(specifically: space mountain)
8. Having a baby or little kid fall asleep in your lap
9. family gatherings
10. Being out on a date with my hottie

DeAnn said...

Thanks for this post!
1. nice customers
2. Employees that make me smile and on whom I can count on.
3. Babies
4. Sunday nap
5. Wii
6. Friends

 
Copyright 2009 Small Pebble Uncovered. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree